Wednesday 5 September 2012

Encouragement

     I was thinking of my father this morning and then my mother, they are both with the Lord now.
I have many fond memories. I was thinking of the time I was with my dad as a little boy,maby 5 years old. We were fixing fence, I loved working with my dad, just to be with him. I pounded a staple in it went in crooked and didnt hold much. I remember he just put in another staple beside mine , " there" he said  that will be just fine. He never criticised, was always encouraging, allowed us to make mistakes, he helped us learn from them.  My father loved being with us as much as we loved being with him.  We probably made work for him go a little slower but I see now fathering is not about getting things done in a hurry, it is about a loving relationship. The fence is long gone but the memories of a dad whoe loved working with his children will live on for ever . He, without knowing, taught manny lessons of our heavenly fathers love for his children.
     Fathers out there, especially young fathers, dont get yourself in debt  so much that you loose sight of your real purpose. You are here to glorify your Father which is in heaven, there is no better way than through your family, wife, sons, daughters, working together, learning together, building relationships, spending unhurried time with one another and with your heavenly father.


                Remember, you are the best example of God to your children.


                                               Thank you and God bless.
                                              
                                               I love you,   Mark,      

No comments:

Post a Comment